25 Best Ways To Get Free Twitter Followers (Legally)-2021
Here are the 25 best ways to get free Twitter followers legally. Twitter is one of the easiest ways to interact with your favorite celebrities and more.
It’s hard to believe that Twitter has been around since 2006. It originally limited its users to 140 characters up until 2017, where its character restriction doubled.
However, users never really complained about it. Tweeting was just a great way of sharing short concise thoughts with your followers.
Twitter has a user base of over 126 million active daily users. For a lot of people, Twitter’s popularity has always been a mystery, especially when you consider the alternatives like Facebook and Instagram.
One of the key reasons for its success is its simplicity. While Facebook nearly overcrowds itself with too many features, Twitter has always kept it simple as a micro-blogging social media site. Its ease of use means it’s faster to use.
Another key to its embedment in the social consciousness is that it is celebrity endorsed. Twitter is one of the easiest ways to interact with your favorite celebrities.
You can follow public figures such as Donald Trump and Elon Musk and tune into what they’re thinking on a daily basis.
Twitter has been known to make and break political careers. It’s an awesome tool for marketing. You can actually get paid to Tweet if you partner up with companies such as Magpie.
However, if you plan on enhancing your career or making money through Twitter, it’s imperative that you have a decent following. You can’t be an influencer if you don’t have people to influence.
If you’re new to Twitter or you need some helpful tips to grow your scraggy following, this guide should show you how.
Top 25 Tips to get Free Twitter Followers
1. Make sure that your profile is complete
First impressions count and this applies to Twitter as well. There’s a great chance that a potential follower will visit your page and check your profile before deciding whether or not to follow you.
Your Twitter profile is like a cover of a book. It should contain everything you need people to know about you and what you do. Make sure that it’s as informative as possible to entice new free Twitter followers.
A complete profile should include the following:
- Name: If your Twitter handle does not include your ideal name because someone else took it, make sure your profile name does. It’s important that it reflects your identity or brand. Remember that your name is limited to only 15 characters.
- Location: This is important, especially if you’re running a business from your Twitter account. You have to let people know where you’re based and where they can find you.
- Website: If you have a website or blog (for your business), make sure you link it here. Twitter is great for cross-platform social media marketing.
- Twitter Bio: Let people know who you are. Keep it concise, short, and ‘quippy’. You only have 160 characters to do so. Some people use their Twitter bio to list their professions or hobbies.
- Profile Picture: This is one of the most important aspects of your Twitter profile. Your profile picture will be posted alongside every tweet you make. It’s important that you ensure that it’s sized optimally. It’s recommended that you use a 400×400 pixel or 1:1 ratio (square) picture.
- Header Image: The header image works the same as a Facebook cover. You can add your company’s logo, a tasteful photo, wallpaper, or anything else that seems appealing to you. Twitter recommends that you use an image that is 1500×500 pixels (landscape).
- Pinned Tweet: This is a relatively new feature and a neglected one at that. With the use of this function, you can pin any of your favorite or popular tweets near the top of your account. This will be the first tweet that potential followers will see when they visit your profile. Companies and professionals usually pin tweets that describe upcoming events or campaigns. It’s a great way to advertise as well as attract new & free Twitter followers.
2. Cross-Promote your Profile
While Twitter is extremely popular, Facebook is still the most used social networking site. While an update to Facebook’s platform policies ended the ability to automatically post Tweet to your Facebook profile (or page), you can still connect your Twitter profile to your Facebook account.
If you want to know more about that, you can visit this page. Twitter allows you to embed Tweets on your blog or website. You can use this feature to attract more followers to your Twitter profile.
In addition to this, you can put your Twitter handle in both your Instagram and Facebook bio.
3. Using Twitter in Live Events
If you’re at an event and want to promote it, try using the event’s official hashtag in anything you post or tweet about the event. Using popular tags will attract users who share the same interests as you.
4. Follow More People
It’s common courtesy to follow people back when they follow you. Not everyone will follow you back but at least half of the people who you follow will return the favor. This is one of the easiest ways of increasing your following on Twitter.
5. Scheduling your Tweets
Tweeting too many things at once can leave your engagement a little cluttered. Sometimes, you have to spread your Tweets out. The best way of doing this is by using a tool like Hootsuite or SproutSocial.
Posting steadily and consistently is bound to increase your engagement and eventually get you free Twitter followers. People don’t like following people who aren’t active on social media.
6. Connect your Email Contacts to Twitter
When you first set up your profile, Twitter asks if you want to connect your email address to Twitter so it can find your email contacts. Once you follow your contacts on Twitter, they’re bound to follow you back and Twitter makes it amazingly easy to accomplish.
7. Use More Links in Your Tweets
Surprisingly, it’s been proven that tweets with links in them are tweeted more than tweets without them. The best way of doing this is by sharing an article or news story in your tweets.
8. Use Relevant Keywords in Your Bio
Earlier in this guide, we briefly touched on completing your profile. One of the ways in which you can make your profile complete is by completing your bio. Using the relevant words in your Twitter bio would rank you higher in the Twitter search.
It functions very similarly to the way SEO keywords function with Google and other search engines. Remember to include your city or region to attract local customers, if you’re running a business.
Again, we briefly touched on the importance of hashtags earlier in this guide. Using popular and trending hashtags gives you a chance to exponentially increase your Twitter exposure.
Tweets with trending hashtags give you at least double more engagement than tweets without. They will help you attract more free Twitter followers, especially followers who are searching for those keywords or are using them.
10. Ask for Re-tweets from your Followers
I know it may feel a bit like begging but if you have an important message and you need people to retweet it, do not hesitate to ask your followers to retweet your post so you can get more exposure to it.
Tweets that include ‘Please Retweet’ get up to four times more retweets than any other tweet.
11. Use Twiends to Find New Twitter Users
If you’re unfamiliar with Twiends, it’s a platform that allows you to discover new & free Twitter followers and grow your own following. Twiends is a leading directory for Twitter users. Users can be listed by country and interest.
They do not sell followers but registering with Twiends will make you more discoverable to other users who are registered on the platform. You can read more about them on their website.
12. Include Images in your Tweets
Research has indicated that tweets with images or GIFs receive 18% more engagement than those without. It makes sense since pictures speak 1000 words but Twitter limits you to 280 characters.
You can increase your engagement by sharing a funny or viral meme. Twitter threads that consist of both pictures and words have been shown to be extremely popular.
13. Reference People in Your Tweets
If you’re replying to someone or quoting another user, be sure to mention them using their user handle in the tweet.
Users are more likely to reply or engage with tweets if you mention them in the tweet.
14. Use a Picture of Yourself in Your Profile Picture
Instead of using a logo or a piece of artwork, use your headshot instead. No one likes to follow a faceless, anonymous brand.
Seeing a human face is more personal than seeing a lifeless logo. It makes people feel like they’re following an actual person and not a corporation that’s just after their money.
15. Respond Publicly
Instead of responding to a public message through your direct messages, use this as an opportunity to reply publicly, especially if your tweet is helpful to other people.
Share your knowledge and expertise in your tweets while mentioning the person who asked.
16. Tweet on the Weekends
Twitter has far more engagement during weekends than it does during the workweek. It’s a simple concept. Most tweeps use Twitter during their free time.
17. Include Your Handle on All Marketing Material
If you have a business card, printed advertisements, brochures, billboards, signs, website, TV ads, radio ads, etc. Make sure to include your Twitter handle and other social media information.
18. Using a Social Media Following Exchange Website
There are dozens of social media exchange websites like FollowLike. They give you the ability to get free followers by simply liking or following other profiles.
19. Posting Inspirational Content
Motivational or inspirational Tweets tend to get more engagement and retweets. If you can’t come up with any of your own, it’s okay to quote your favorite authors and philosophers.
20. Including your Handle in Guest Posts or Blog Comments
If you’re a blogger who writes guest posts, you should include your Twitter handle in your bio. Alternatively, if you comment on blogs or websites, you can use your handle as your username or you can simply ask people to check your profile out in your comment.
21. Using the TweetThis WordPress Plugin
The TweetThis WordPress plugin allows you to embed content boxes on your WordPress website/blog. This is a convenient way to get your readers or visitors to tweet your content. It can also help you increase your reach and attract new followers.
22. Mention Influential Users when Possible
If you’re sharing a post that relates to a celebrity or brand, it’s important to mention them or use the appropriate hashtag in your Tweets. This could help you attract their attention or the attention of their fans.
They could even end up retweeting your tweet or at least replying to it.
23. Provide Informative and Helpful Content
Tweeting isn’t just about memes and online bullying. It’s a tool that can be used for good. So whenever you can, tweet encouraging, helpful, and uplifting tweets.
Tweet about job opportunities. Tweet about facts and share informative news articles. Positive content is bound to attract more followers to your profile.
24. Participate in Twitter Chats and Direct Messages
Interacting with your followers and customers is extremely important. Do not ignore your mentions and direct messages. Try to respond as quickly as you can so your customers, potential clients, and followers know that they are important to you.
25. Repetition is Key
It has been reported that the average lifespan of a tweet is approximately 18 minutes. A deficit of attention runs pervasively through the Twitter sphere. You have to make sure that you stay on topic and tweet about the same thing at least a few times.
Make sure that you re-share links daily. Retweet your own tweets if you feel they are important. This will give your tweets as much visibility as possible.
It’s important to note that building a following takes time and effort. You cannot simply hope to become Twitter famous overnight.
Even with the tips listed in this guide, you’ll need to exercise some patience. If you can get your rhythm and Twitter workflow right, you can find yourself well on your way to becoming a Twitter celebrity.
We hope that you’ve found this guide to be helpful. Please share it with your friends and family.
Hey! You could even share it on Twitter. As always, thank you for reading.